domingo, 5 de setembro de 2010

LITERATURA INGLESA


ABILITIES
Estudaremos agora CAN, que é utilizado para falar sobre nossas habilidades e o CAN/MAY, utilizados para se falar de coisas que podem ser feitas por nós ou por alguém, como pedir autorização etc.
Boa aula!
CAN ( poder)
Have a look at these examples:
I can swim, but I can’t run fast.
She can dance ,but she can’t sing.
Can you speak English? Yes ,I can
Can you speak Japanese? No, I can’t
swim: nadar
run: corer
fast:rápido
dance: dançar
sing: cantar
speak: falar
can’t(can not): não poder
Answer the following questions:
a) Can you stand on your head? _________________
b) Can you operate a computer? ________________
c) Can you say the English alphabet?_______________
d) Can you count up to 100 in English?_______________
e) Can you pray in English? _____________
Now write 3 (three) things you can do well and 3( three) things you can’t do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAN / MAY for Permission
Para pedir permissão ou requerer alguma coisa usamos os verbos modais
Can ou MAY.
Examples
Can I help you?
Posso ajudá-lo(a)?
May I go to the bathroom?
Posso ir ao banheiro?
May I drink some water?
Posso beber água?
Can I have a word with you?
Posso falar com você?
May I talk to the principal, please ?
Posso falar com o diretor?
Possessive Case
Nesta aula veremos a importância dos possessivos e em quais casos se aplicam.
Possessive Case or Genitive Case:
O caso possessivo ou genitivo é usado para indicar quem (ou o que) é possuidor de alguma coisa.Usa-se apóstrofo( ‘ ) ou (‘s) ao final do substantivo possuidor.
Look at these examples:
Maria’s car is blue.
↑ ↑
possuidor coisa possuída
( the car belongs to Maria)
Peter’s coat is yellow.
↑ ↑
possuidor coisa possuída
( the coat belongs to Peter)
That toy is the girl’s.
↑ ↑
coisa possuída possuidor
( She owns it)
In plurals
These are the girls’ toys.
Those are the waiters’ trays.
Observação: Nestes casos, usa-se apenas o apóstrofo.
Exercise
Complete with ‘s or ‘
1) This is the boy_______ turtle.
2)These are the girls _____ erasers.
3) This is my brother______ new car.
4) This is the teachers_____ room.
5) Mildred_____rabbit is black.
6) The boys_____toys are new.
7) Women______perfumes are expensive.
Writing:
Write about you. Complete the text with your information:
My name is ___________________. I am _________ years old. I work at ______________ .It is very nice .I love it. My best friend’s name is ____________.We are good friends. My birthday is in ___________ __.My favorite sport is ____________ and my favorite TV program is____________ My email address is _______________ What’s yours?
Reading Comprehension
Mike Harrison lives in Dallas, Texas. He is American. He is 25 years old.. He works at Microsoft. He lives with his family. Every Saturday he goes to the Shopping Mall with his friends from work. He likes football and cinema.
He loves gorillas and penguins. His favorite food is hamburger with French, fries.
Write True or False
1- Mike is from America. ______________
2- He likes animals.___________________
3- He is a student _________________
4- He has friends at work._________________
WH – Questions
Veremos, nesta aula, como construir questões e como empregarmos palavras interrogativas.
WHO ( quem) - WHERE ( onde) – WHEN ( quando) – WHAT ( o que) –
WHICH ( qual ) - WHOSE ( de quem)
Examples
TOM: Who are you?
PETER: I’m Peter. What’s your name?
TOM: My name is Tom. Where are you from?
PETER: I am from the USA. When is your birthday?
TOM: It’s in May
Exercise
QUESTION WORDS –Complete
a) -__________ is Mount Rushmore?
- In South Dakota.
b) -__________ was the American Independence declared?
- On July 4th ,1776
c)-___________ invented the telephone?
- Alexander Graham Bell
d) - __________ is the best film of the year?
- The Da Vinci Code
e) - _________ are you from?
- Ireland.
WRITING
Introducing yourself and giving personals information. Look at this email:
Hi, my name is Sylvia. I am 35 years old. I am a teacher. I work at the university. I live in Santos. The city is beautiful. I have two dogs, Rex andFloppy. My address is 926, Pessoa Street. I live in a house. I am married .Now write a similar email to a friend. Follow the example:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vocabulary

The seasons:
Summer ( verão)
Autumn / Fall ( outono )
Winter ( inverno )
Spring ( primavera)

What is your favorite season? _______________________
Family members
Male Female(masculino) (feminino)
Father MotherBrother SisterSon DaughterUncle AuntNephew Niece
Grandfather GrandmotherGrandson Granddaughter
Complete
My mother’s name is __________, and my father’s name is _________
I have a brother. His name is _________________.
Or I have a sister. Her name is ____________________
Espero que você tenha entendido bem o tema desta aula.
Os exercícios são para você colocar informações reais ou imaginárias, mas certamente vão ajudá-lo a expressar-se a respeito de você mesmo.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário